Money week has been our holistic theme for the week. We have included maths, language, PSE, history, Design Technology, ICT/ i-pad research in our lessons. The pupils have been very enthused and extremely sensible in their purchasing.
Activities this week include;
- What we want and what we need
- Discussions using prompts
- money/coin number line
- Using the Great Pet Sale as an inspiration for our own pet shop
- ordering amounts
- researching money design
- budgeting- buying and keeping a pet for a month
- adding money and finding difference in prices.
- designing our own banknote ensuring we make it difficult to copy as a fake.
- saving and spending only what we have.